Shadoxhurst is a village on the Kent Weald located between the North Downs and Romney Marsh in beautiful wooded countryside and farmland southwest of Ashford, Kent.
We have an interesting 13th century church, some fine buildings and a popular country pub. The earliest written record of Shadoxhurst is from 1239 when the parish name was spelled ‘Schettokesherst’. Although the origin of the first part of the name is obscure, it may have come from a family name commonly known centuries ago, such as Shaddock or Shattock. Hurst or Herst is an Anglo-Saxon word which means a wooded knoll. Data from the 2011 Census reveals 1,216 residents in our parish of 803.22 Hectares. Read more about Shadoxhurst. Hire our Village Hall or Pavilion.
CORONAVIRUS VOLUNTEER SUPPORT
Shadoxhurst Parish Council has established the Shadoxhurst Volunteer Network. This is a team of Shadoxhurst residents who have volunteered to help and support those in need in the community. Please click here for details
Next PC Meeting — Date to be Announced.
Members of the public are invited to attend
Read about our Village Vision. See the latest Village Newsletter.